Thursday, July 1, 2010

Southern Beauty


My mother was born in 1942 and was almost 9 months old before her father ever saw her. Both her parents were from Coffee County Tenn. but my grandfather had moved to Indiana to find work during the depression. My grandmother married him at 17 and moved to Indiana. He joined the Navy a few years later and granny moved back to Tenn. to bring mom up around family. At four, mom would move back to Indiana but her heart has always been in Tenn. She married my dad at 20 years old and convinced him fifteen years later to bring her back home. They've made their home in Middle Tennessee ever since. I love this photo of mom at about 18 mos. old while living with her grandmother and mother. Her face is so sweet and round with those big brown eyes that she reminds me of a Cupie doll!! She's still a lovely lady and a southern beauty from the time she was born!!

This color palette was this weeks inspiration from THE COLOR ROOM. It has definitely been one of the tougher palettes for me although I loved the inspiration photo. I'm not usually a big fan of DCWV but adore all 4 new collections!!! Here I've used Mariposa, Linen, and Mediterranean Cafe with a script page from Glitz. I fussy cut some images from the Butterfly paper, used the back of an old punch out flower from Daisy D's for base of title work and inked a Kaiser Kraft wood swirl to frame the photo. Chipboard Beauty word is LYB.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty page Amie! I love the combination of colors!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amie I absolutly love this hertiage page of your Mom. Great job.

    ReplyDelete