Saturday, June 26, 2010

Afternoon on the Beach

Wow! It's been a while since I've pulled out foam stamps, in fact, had this one by Heidi Swapp in my stash for at least 4 years and have never used until now. This sketch and color Palette were last weeks inspiration on The Color Room, a yummy, yummy site!! This took me away from my normal style and made me try something new using so much white space. I used packing paper to sponge paint on background, used the same color to stamp BEACH. I cut circles out of paper from GCD and used scraps for the rest of the composition. I love how the red foil mimics the heat of the sun. I Glimmer Misted little doily, used wood tag from Imaginesce and adhered chipboard shell from SEI's new On the Coast.


I'm loving smaller photos and photo collages mixed in my normal one photo pages and this sketh was the perfect one to allow me a few shots ! As we all head to the beaches this summer, think outside the box and use some paint and old foam stamps to create interesting backgrounds!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome LO Amie! I love the little cluster with the date and the title is awesome. I might steal that idea!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the paint on your layout and all the grat embellishments.

    ReplyDelete